Monday, May 16, 2005

Annoying Thing of the Day: Touchless Carwashes

I can't even begin to describe how annoying touchless carwashes are, but let's face it: Rain gets my car as clean as they do.

For the longest time, I have been searching for a gas station to offer anything but these sorry excuses for a "wash" and I finally found one yesterday. Words cannot describe my glee when I saw the velvet touch brushes, hanging limply before I punched in my code to send them into glorious, spinning, soapy action.

See, in Kansas, we have bugs in the summer, and lots of them. They get caked on your car, and then baked into the paint in the humid summer months. Being the lazy...errrr...BUSY American that I am, time to scrub down my gas-guzzling SUV is not easy to come by. Plus, I never really get too excited with the unpredictable weather we've been having lately.

Having a wash that will actually wreak havoc to your paint job in order to make your car shiny is nice...I don't want my car babied...it needs a hardcore wash, not some sissy touchless crap.

No comments: