Wednesday, December 08, 2004

My Holiday/Birthday Wish List

OK...I love having the ability to create a wish list on Amazon.com. Here's mine...

As a reminder, my birthday is 2 days before Christmas. Just in case you want to get me anything.

Here are things of interest on my list:

Apple iMac G5 and Apple iBook
Apple is really going after the home market. These are really really affordable home-use computers that are completely customizable to the power that you want. What is particularly interesting is that there are folks who want the portability of a laptop so they immediately look at the PowerBook, but what is interesting is that Apple has now positioned their pricing so that you can buy a 17" powerbook for the same price that you can get BOTH a 17" iMac and a 12" iBook, giving you both the stability of a desktop at home (and a nice one at that, with the G5 technology) as well as the portability of a nice little 12" iBook G4.

Some Spectacular DVDs
Napoleon Dynamite
Dodgeball
Rounders: Collector's Edition
Family Guy: Seasons 1,2,3
Billy Madison / Happy Gilmore 2-pack (does it get more genius than putting these two together?)

Music
U2: How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Zero 7: When it Falls
The Urge: Too Much Stereo (the only album of theirs that I don't have...)
Frank Sinatra Christmas

Books
Doyle Brunson's Super System
Dinner for Two by Mike Gayle
Positively Fifth Street by James McManus

I would also like the following, but they can't really be categorized...
Nice Playing Cards
Scene It DVD Game
Trivial Pursuit DVD Pop Culture Game
Macromedia Studio MX 2004 for Mac
Remote for my Digital Camera

I know it seems like a lot, internet, but if you buy from my Amazon wish list, you can have it sent right to me.

Christmas is fun. Alli and I got all our shopping done last Monday...all we have left to buy for is each other. I'm excited.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just finished reading Positively Fifth Street myself. It was interesting to read especially after two things that happened recently:
1) I saw Jim McManus on this year's WSOP in the $5000 Limit Hold Em event against Ellix Powers. Thought he was a bit of an ass, but it made for good TV. Very much a contrast from the way he was in 2000, as an amateur newbie who was pumped just to be there.
2) The REtrial of Rick Tabish and Sandy Murphy ended about a week before I finished the book. I'll let you find out more about that.

Anyway, a pretty well told story of an amateur's run in "The Big One".