Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Golden Globes Re-Hash

While I wish that Sideways would not have won a single award, I can't say that I was too upset with the people that won awards or where everything went. It was nice for a change to not see domination by one or two movies. While I wish that Jennifer Garner would have won an award for Alias, I can understand why she didn't because Season 3 wasn't really the strongest season (from what I've seen so far, I would consider her a favorite this year).

Leonardo DiCaprio finally gets some recognition, but I highly doubt he'll win the Oscar this year. No one is stopping Jamie Foxx.

Overall, the show was pretty boring...nothing super-exciting, but Robin Williams acceptance speech was certainly a highlight (as was Jamie Foxx's). Overall...a decent awards show, but they didn't really give us any indicators as to how the Oscars will go down. But that's a good thing.

No comments: