Monday, November 08, 2004

so... MOVE ALREADY!!!

I, for one, am glad that the election is over. My guy won, so I am undeniably happy. Both parties ran good campaigns (the Republicans were obviously superior, but that's beside the point), and had John Kerry won, I would have accepted it and moved on. It's not like Kerry would have gotten anything done in a Senate and House where he was outnumbered in both.

I expect that the reaction across the board on the conservative side would have been the same as I just described.

However, as the aftermath of the election moves forward, it is painfully obvious that the liberals aren't happy. Michael Moore has already claimed he will be impeached and not only that, he has posted a map of North America that divides us into two areas - The United States of Canada (all of Canada and the states that voted for Kerry) and Jesus Land (the people who decided the election).

It's funny how liberals stand on the Constitution, but when they lose, they cry like babies and say "the Christians did it!!!" even though discrimination because of religious beliefs is outlawed in just about every place I know.

These so-called "intellectuals" are quick to blame believers for their loss, but guess what...of the 6 billion people on the planet...98% of them believe in a power greater than themselves.

The liberal blogosphere is up in arms following their devastating losses. Across the web, you'll find people who are claiming they are going to spend the next 4 years in Canada, and crying their little eyes out because John Kerry failed to EVER connect with the American public.

If you are a liberal who is looking for some shred of a reason as to why you lost, but don't have any faith in anyone providing logical explanations, check out this one, provided by your haven of liberalism and left-wing thought, the New York Times.

Not that it is any surprise. Kerry has the charisma of a wet blanket. John Edwards - his "charismatic" running mate too often came across as a whiny little baby, pleading with the seasoned politicians to "let him play too". This was blatantly evident in his debate with Dick Cheney. And I don't even like Dick Cheney.

Here's what I have to say to the liberal crybabies who don't think that they can handle another 4 years of Bush:

LEAVE.

All of you claim that you're going to do it, just like a bunch of actors claimed that they would move to France if Bush won (*cough cough* Alec Baldwin *cough cough*) and have yet to do so. Just like the rest of the party, they don't have the spine to actually do what they say they are going to do. Liberals do not follow through...what a surprise!!!

My prediction is that out of the thousands of people who claimed they would "leave the country if Bush gets re-elected", maybe 2 will actually leave for 4 years.

I only wish the rest would quit complaining and do the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For whatever reason my connection to the blogger doesn't function while I am at work so I have to post 'anonymously'.

I think it is funny that people take everything so , seriously is not the word, maybe harshly. I was clearly disappointed that Bush was re-elected as president but I did not shed a tear. And although it is tempting to head to the nontropical vacation homeland that is Canada, I will remain here. I think a lot of the people that claimed they would go to Canada never actually were serious and those that were half serious suddenly realized that they would have to apply to get in to Canada, get a job, find a home...etc. When you think about it, four years is not that long. Think about how quickly college or high school just whizzed by you. So, with that said, it is only 4 years until we can hopefully get a candidate that is better for all (or closer to all) of America. Not one that stands on his high horse saying "America has spoken" and claiming his "mandate" because barely half of our population voted for him. Many of that 51%, like the 48% for Kerry, just voted that way because the other guy sucked more.

I love the people that say they know what they are getting from Bush. If that were the case, we could expect our attack on Iran (see WMDs) and North Korea(see WMDs). But I would put money(very little, I am in debt) on Bush not going to war in Iran or North Korea. Clearly, had Bush known more about what this venture would have been like, things would be different. Not meaning that we would necessarily not be at war, but the way things began and how they have proceeded would be dramatically different.

I am proud to be an American, with Bush or without. Having lived overseas, and actually in France, I will tell those wishing to leave: "The grass ain't always greener on the other side." Believe me, France is a great place to visit, but it isn't somewhere most Americans would want to live.

I don't really take Michael Moore all that seriously, it is clear that he has an extreme hatred for Bush and is on the far left side of the country. It is funny that people would believe every word he says, just like it would be funny to believe every word a far right conservative would say. I don't really take people like Alan Keyes seriously either (most seem to agree since he got trounced in the Illinois SEnate race) who say things like : homosexuality is "selfish hedonism" and Vice President Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter is a sinner. I am somewhere in between and based on alot of the issues I would say I am a left leaner. Don't have any prejudice against lefties or righties, but think the extremists can both approach complete ignorance.

Lastly, I am excited that our state voted one politician that I actually enjoy listening to...Barrack Obama. The guy really has his stuff together. And I look forward to seeing what he will bring to the Senate table.

From the conservative side, I would love to see John McCain run in 2008. So I am not a conservative, not a liberal, I am an American.

All I know is that out of all the great people we have in this country...There has to be someone better than 'your guy', so that is itself an incredibly bright light at the end of the four year tunnel.

Peace out.
Mike D
mike.dauernheim@gmail.com