Friday, June 24, 2005

Summer Movie Update

So I've seen a couple of the movies that I wanted to so far this summer, and I have NOT been disappointed at all. Last week we saw both Mr. & Mrs. Smith and Batman Begins. Both were extremely entertaining flicks, like I expected them to be.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith was extremely fast-paced and not entirely what I expected. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt sizzle...their chemistry is...well...it carries the movie. Brad Pitt continually entertains me. He's more Rusty from Ocean's 11 in this movie than he is Tyler Durden from Fight Club. Clever and witty. He delivers his lines really well. Angelina Jolie is one of the best female action heroes in Hollywood. Not only is she pretty, but she also looks like she could very easily kick your butt.

Batman Begins was quite possibly the best superhero movie I have ever seen. The acting, which is normally one of the banes of superhero and comic book movies was fantastic. You couldn't ask for a much better cast...Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Gary Oldman, Christian Bale, and Katie Holmes all do terrific work. I can't wait for the next one and people are beginning to speculate as to who will play the Joker. Front-runners right now are Mark Hamill (who voiced the Joker in the animated series), Crispin Glover (who was at his creepy best in Charlie's Angels), and Paul Bettany (?).

I'm hoping to see at least one more on my list this weekend. Maybe the Longest Yard or something like that. Then next week, it's off to Santa Fe for our 5-year anniversary trip! I can't wait. We're going to take a ton of pictures so we'll have lots to share.

No comments: