Monday, November 07, 2005

WITFV7: My Computer

Volume 7

Today, I'm thankful for my computer. I have this beautiful 20" iMac sitting in front of me right now. It's such a terrific computer with a gorgeous display and it RUNS MAC OS X.

It was a Christmas present to me last year and I absolutely love it. I would like to build a better desk for it, but that is down the road, when I have some spare time to figure everything out since I have a strangely shaped room.

There's a couple of things that I love about this computer:
  1. Its beautiful form factor. I don't know if there has been a slimmer, more attractive computer.
  2. It runs Mac OS X. I know I mentioned this before, but this is a wonderful thing.
  3. The Bluetooth option. I don't have the internal Bluetooth, but I have a USB Bluetooth key, which allows me to use this very nice wireless keyboard and mouse. What's genius about them is that I was able to haul my computer to a mini-showcase for Alli last weekend and run a slideshow of all her work on my screen on our table. It looked very nice and super professional, almost like a TV.
  4. The nice big screen. Brilliant colors. 20" widescreen. You gotta love it.

Now, don't get me wrong. If somebody got me a companion iBook laptop to go with it, I wouldn't kick that computer out of bed for eating crackers, but it would most certainly be my traveling companion (emphasis on companion...I wouldn't even get MS Office for it...I'd just rock iWork on it). This gorgeous machine in front of me will be my primary computer for a long time.

(Unless of course I get into music or movie production or something insane like that where I might need to get one of those slick new Quad G5's.)

So thanks, Apple (and more importantly Mom and Dad). I really love my computer.

No comments: