Friday, October 01, 2004

Burritos = Good.

Today I profess my love for burritos. Those that know me (you know who you are) know my feelings on the issue, but I want to make sure that people understand the genius that is the Chipotle Burrito.

First, you start with a shell or a bowl. Lately, I've been eating it in a bowl...less carbs and less calories. Then you add some of the scrumptious rice that could be described as manna from heaven, a hint of lime and cilantro accents the ricey goodness. Sometimes I feel like peppers and onions, others I don't, and other times, I'll have a splash of their pinto beans.

Next, the good stuff...steak that has been marinated in some spicy concoction that only a true genius could have created. The secret is next...the green tomatillo sauce. It's like the shirt says..."Shhhh...don't tell anyone about the green tomatillo salsa..." You almost feel like you're getting away with something...it's that good. Top it off with some cheese and guacamole and you are good to go.

Sure, it's about 800 calories, but it's totally worth it for 2 reasons:
  1. You get a ton of food.
  2. It has healthy stuff in it so it can't be that bad.
My wife and I are addicts. I only bring this up because until two nights ago, it had been about 2 weeks since my last feeding at Burrito Heaven. When you eat it once a week, your body becomes acclimated to the burrito. Mine yesterday and today....not so much.

5 comments:

Jeremy L Graybill said...

Mmmmm, burrito's are good. Chipotle's good, but QDoba is a little better than Chipotle. That Cheese con queso sauce...mmmmmmm.

Shane said...

BLASPHEMY!!! I've had Chipotle and I've had Qdoba. Q cannot hold a candle to C-town. How could you turn on your Colorado-grown burrito place?

Jeremy L Graybill said...

Because, well, I'm not Colorado-born. I'm not saying Chipotle is bad in any way...cuz it's not. But the Dooby is just a little bit better. It's like the difference between a beautiful 1.5 carat diamond, and a beautiful 1.6 carat diamond (You know what I'm shopping for). Dobe just puts a little more icing on the cake.

patti said...

I don't understand the obsession with Qdoba. I guess I'm a burrito snob, since I once was co-manager of a "Gourmet" Southwestern restaurant. I TRY to like Qdoba, but I just can't....sigh....

patti said...

I don't understand the obsession with Qdoba. I guess I'm a burrito snob, since I once was co-manager of a "Gourmet" Southwestern restaurant. I TRY to like Qdoba, but I just can't....sigh....