Friday, October 22, 2004

Conferences

I don't remember elementary and middle school all that well.

They were a long time ago. However, one of the things that I don't remember is having conferences once per quarter. Yesterday, while I was slaving away, destroying my back, there were all these neighborhood kids, running around, playing hide-and-go-seek.

Now I'm not mad at these kids by any means...enjoy your youth, I say!

BUT, I remember thinking yesterday that my sister-in-law, who is a teacher (and an amazing one at that), has conferences and in-service days a lot. There's nothing really to this, I'm just a bit jealous. A few days off here and there would have been fun.

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

Here's the thing (because I am a --it's not always so great. Most of the time, the conferences are a huge waste of time and you would rather just be with your kids. Making sub plans and dealing with the results are horrid, as well.

It ain't all it's cracked up to be, is all I'm saying.